Name:
Location: Granada, Andulacia, Spain

Friday, January 06, 2006

Estoy Aqui!!!!!!!

I´m here! The first few days have been great so far. It started out with a great plane ride. I got bumped up randomly to first class for my long flight. It was so nice. I will never fly coach again for long flights. I arrived in Spain at 9:30 on the 4th and my host mom is so sweet. She is really short, probablemente only 4´10" at most. She is in her 60s and on her own. Her children are all grown and have moved away, and we don´t know about their father yet. My roommate Shannon is really nice. She is from Tualatin and she goes to PLU (Pacific Luthern). She is really tall, like 5´10" so she and Luisa (mi madre) look really funny together.

...que otro? I live in the center of the city which is really nice, 4 minutes from school and everything else. Our house is muy pequeño y grande at the same time. It has 5 stories but only one room on each floor. The first floor is an entrance way, the second floor is Shannon and my room with a bathroom, the third is the kitchen/dining room with a bathroom, the fourth is a small family room and Luisa´s room, and the fifth floor is a terrace. Its very cute!

Today is a big holiday in Spain so most stores are closed. Today is like Christmas in the states and last night there was a big parade. All the floats had one of the three kings on them and then each float threw candy to the kids but the adults were very agressive in getting the candy too. It was really fun.

I think that´s all for now. Mucho mas luego.

Adios de españa!

Madelyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home