Name:
Location: Granada, Andulacia, Spain

Sunday, January 08, 2006

La fin de Semana

Hola de España!!!!

This place is crazy. People are out all the time. I’m still getting over the jet lag and so I’m sleeping a lot and I feel like I’m missing everything. Usually my host mom stays out later then Shannon and me. It is so different. We are constantly hearing people out in the street when we are trying to sleep.

Yesterday we went to La Alhambra. I took a lot of pictures but I want to go back on a day that is sunny because it was cloudy when we were there. It was so cold because it is up on the mountain (it’s actually more like a really large hill). Right now in Granada it’s cold everywhere though. January is the coldest month and then in February it will start to get warm during the night. Today I had to buy guantes (gloves) and they came with a bufanta (scarf)…very cute.

We’ve only gone out once. And it was really funny because we did the typical American thing that everyone warned me about…we went out at 10:30. Here that is really early. We were the only ones in the bar that we went to. Although once others showed up most of them were older…like in their late 30s or so. So we left and went to another bar that was really small. But one of the guys in our group bought a round of Sangria for everyone (there were almost 20 of us there). So Katie I toasted it to you! Sangria por ti! As we were walking down the street looking for a new bar we found a bar called Dolce Delux. The funny thing about it is that Shannon and I met the owner in an internet café earlier in the night. He is from the states and he studied here a couple of years ago. He came back a bought a bar with a Spaniard friend. In other words free shots for everyone!!! I think we will be going there a lot because Shannon and I get to drink for free there.

Today we went on a walking tour of the old town. It was really neat and very authentic (but then so is everything in Spain). All of the houses are white with ceramic red tile roofs. The streets are small and all cobblestone, and the drivers here son locos. There are no sidewalks in the side streets so you have to pretty much hug the wall when a car comes.

Creo que es todo por ahora.

Adios

P.S. When I get my wireless thing to work I’ll start to post pictures, either here or on another site…probably webshots.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

Madelyn! I'm so happy you're keeping a blog while you're away. Everything sounds really great, except the cold weather. :-(

Check out our wedding photos ...
--
M

8:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I'm glad to see that going to Europe hasn't stopped your from going out nad buying cute clothes!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home