Name:
Location: Granada, Andulacia, Spain

Friday, February 10, 2006

Part 1 of Madrid

So wow…I am really behind on keeping this thing updated. And now there is so much to tell. It’s too bad that I didn’t add a little bit everyday because then I would be golden right now. The main high light of the past couple of weeks was going to Madrid. We had a week off from classes and so our program scheduled a trip for us. I think that it was the best way to experience Madrid because everything was planned out for the most part with a ton of free time as well. And all meals were paid for by the program (which of course just came out of what I already paid)!


-Madrid by night

We went to both the Prado and El Centro de Arte Reina Sofia. I’m not much a museum person but it was really fascinating because before we left for Madrid we had a presentation on all of the different art pieces that we would see in the museums. I must admit that I like the Reina Sofia more than the Prado. It had more modern art and focused on Picasso, Dali, and Miro. I was taken aback by Guernica. Let me just tell you…you can study that painting until you are blue in the face but it will never hit you until you turn the corner and are standing right in front of it. I just stood there for 10 minutes staring at it. Then this cute little group of 4 year olds walked in all holding hands and sat down in front of it. So I decided to check out the rest of the museum, but I definitely went back before I left and studied it for at least another 10 minutes. There are just so many details that one cannot see in the copies. But the rest of the museum was just as enchanting. Dali is such a curious artist. It was fun to find all of the little details throughout his paintings.

This is our rendition of the famous painting behind us!


Me in front of the Prado

This is Goya´s interpretation of the shootings of May 3rd in the Prado.

We couldn´t take pictures inside of the Centro de Reina Sofia so no Picasso or Dali! Sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You went to the Prado?! LUCKY!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home